It’s not often that we have a male contributor here at Modern Lace. Tim Sayles shares with us his 30 observations at 30.
1. Although we never believe it at the time, high school popularity really doesn’t matter. #
2. College really is the most carefree, fun time of your life. #gunsup
3. Making and keeping friends after college is extremely more difficult than when in college. Regardless, make the effort. #thankGodforgoodfriends
4. The common cliché “life is short” starts to make a little bit more sense once you look up and you’re thirty years old. #1/3lifecrisis
5. Marrying the right person is very important. #caitlinsayles
6. Trying daily to be the right kind of spouse is also important. #sheispatient
7. Facebook is exceptionally more popular than anyone in my college dorm could’ve ever imagined. #
8. From an outsider’s perspective, raising children seems totally hard but totally worth it…most of the time. #just2dogsfornow
9. Like my parents promised, I actually became friends with my siblings.
#josh #abby #micah
10. There is much to be said for a traditional education but I am shocked at the amount of success some people have without it.
11. Loving what you do for a living is a true blessing. #thankGodigotintoPAschool
12. On the other hand, a job really is just a job. It only defines you if you let it. #
13. That previously pathetic 10:30 PM bedtime has become an absolute necessity. #nomoreallnighters
14. I sometimes look back at photos from my youth with the same head-shaking disbelief I did when looking at photos of my parents at the same age. #myhair #notbesthair
15. I appreciate how shockingly invaluable a good childhood and great parents have been to my path in life. #mesquiteTXintha90s
16. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes my body feels like it’s thirty years old. #rest #ice #compression #elevation
17. My aspirations of being a decent golfer will always be just that.
18. Saving for retirement is weird considering I feel like I just started working. #401what
19. The idea of a mortgage payment that will last the same amount of time that I’ve been alive is both confusing and terrifying. #almosthomeownerproblems
20. Cross country moves are unavoidably chaotic; Almost as chaotic as trying own a home in the Bay Area.
21. Trips to Costco with my wife are strangely exciting and always more expensive than anticipated. #thatllbe$400sir
22. The cell phone I’m writing this on is ten times more capable than the desktop computer I grew up with. #wemissyoufloppydisk
23. I would take Golden Eye over Call of Duty any day. #N64
24. Taxes go up, policies change, and social issues evolve but, ultimately, we have it very good here in the USA. #fiftynifty
25. After living in California for a short time it is even more clear to me that “Texan” truly is it’s own demographic identifier. #comeandtakeit
26. As a follow up, it’s hard to deny that California has a leg up in the weather and scenic beauty department compared to my beloved Lone Star State. #lubbockTXisoneofakind
27. My hairline really is receding. #Itsnotjustparanoia
28. If you’ve never traveled outside the USA, you should. There are some amazing things to see and experience on this planet. #Guatemala #South Africa #Brazil
29. Regardless of your current perspective or predisposition, try reading the Bible. It’s a truly an enlightening piece of literature.
30. I hardly ever use hashtags. In fact, I don’t even understand their purpose. But I used them here to prove I’m still cool at age 30. #whostillsayscool
What are your own observations? Share with us by commenting below.
Article by Tim Sayles