While the winter was a cozy time of warm layers and comfort food, the cold weather has made us ready for spring. We are excited about this new season, and what better way to get prepared than to do some spring cleaning.
As you begin the challenge of cleaning out closets consider these options:
1: Host a Clothing Swap
Host a clothing swap at your house! What you consider trash, your friends may consider a treasure. This is a fun way to get rid of items you no longer want but find ones that you love or may need (free of charge, of course.)
In the past, we have partnered with Heather Brown of My Life Well Loved and have had a blast!
Here are a few tips we have discovered along the way:
- Invite friends with similar taste
- Be clear on what is swap worthy in your invite
- Organize the shopping area in categories: dresses, jeans, blouses, jewelry, purses, etc.
Donate unwanted items that are in still good condition. Here are a few local nonprofits that are specific to women in the Birmingham area.
1. Operation Prom Dress – Their mission is to provide fashionable formal gowns to girls who are unable to purchase their own dance attire.
2. Jessie’s Place- A safe haven for women and children, this shelter welcomes clothing of any kind.
3. My Sister’s Closet of the YWCA – This clothes closet is designed to assist women who are in need of career clothes for job interviews and new employment.
Ask yourself these questions when cleaning out your closet for the spring:
image via TheEveryGirl.com
Article by Brittany Windle
Follow Britt on Twitter